《仲夏夜之梦》英文版是莎剧中最常被搬演也是最受欢迎的喜剧,亦为莎翁众多中少数极具原创性的剧本。
Egeus and Hermia上场
Egeus: Hermia, you have to marry Demetrious, the best guy in the city.
荷米亚,你必须嫁给狄米崔斯,这城中最好的年轻人。
Hermia: I’m sorry, Dad! I can’t be his wife.
爸爸,抱歉。我不能成为他的妻子。
Egeus: Why do you refused to marry Demetrius? He is really a worthy
gentleman!
你为什麼拒绝嫁给狄米崔斯呢?他是一个真正的绅士。
Hermia: But I don’t love him. I’ve fell in love with Lysander.
但是我不爱他。我已经爱上了莱赛德。
Egeus: Lysander? Is he better than Demetrious? No!
莱赛德?他会比狄米崔斯好吗?不!
Hermia: Oh! Dad! Demettrious had ever said that he love my friend,
Helena, and she, a sweet lady also love him deeply.
喔!爸爸,狄米崔斯曾说过,他爱我的朋友—海伦娜,而这一个甜美女孩也深爱狄米崔斯。
Egeus: No matter what you say, I’ve decided to let you marry to
Demetrious. I stick to do this!
不管你怎麼说!我已经决定让你嫁给狄米崔斯了,我坚决这样做。
Hermia: I won’t give my heart to the person who I never like.
我不愿把我的心交给一个我不曾喜欢的人。
Egeus: If you don’t marry Demetrious, I’ll use the ancient right of
Athens, asking to put you to death according to our law! (下)
如果你不嫁给狄米崔斯,根据我们的法律,我将用雅典的古律法要求判你死刑。
Hermia: Oh! Please, please do not! My dear father! Don’t you love me
any more? Don’t give me up, please!
喔,不要,请不要这麼做,亲爱的父亲,你不再爱我了吗?请不要放弃我。
Lysander上场
Lysander: Sweet Hermia, my love! What’s going wrong? Let me wipe
your heart-breaking tears!
亲爱的荷米亚,我的爱人,怎麼回事?让我擦掉你那心碎的眼泪。
Hermia: My father said that unless I marry Demetrious, or he’ll be
put me to death! What can I do?
我爸爸说,除非我嫁给狄米崔斯,否则他将处死我,我该怎麼办?
Lysander: Fear not and hear me. Tomorrow night, I’ll wait for you in
the wood a few miles outside the city. If you really love me,
getting far away this sad city with me.
不要害怕并听我说,明天晚上,我将在城外几哩的树林里等你,如果你真的爱我,就和我一起逃离这伤心的城市吧。
Hermia: I will because I love you so.
我会的,因为我如此爱你。
Helena上场
Helena: Hello! Hermia.
嗨,荷米亚。
Hermia: I’m so glad to see you, my friend!
我很高兴见到你,我的朋友。
Helena: But Demetrious love you. Oh, tech me how to attract his
eyes, please?
但是狄米崔斯爱的是你,请教我如何吸引他的目光吧?
Hermia: Take comfort, he no more shall see my face. Tomorrow night
Lysander and myself will fly this place. We’ll meet in the wood.
Please pray for us and don’t tell others, good-bye! (下)
放心吧,他再也不会看见我的脸了,明晚莱赛德和我将要逃离此地,我们相约在森林里见面,请你为我们祈祷,并且不要告诉其他人,再见。
Helena: I will go tell Demetrious of fair Hermia’s flight, and then
he’ll pursue her. I just want to have his sight again. (下)
我要去告诉狄米崔斯,美丽的荷米亚将要离开,然后他将会去追寻她,而我只是想再看见他的容貌。
第二幕第一场 (森林中)
口白:Tonight, the moon is so beautiful. The wood was a favorite meeting-place of those little fairies. The king is always thinking, but what is he thinking of? The atmosphere is a little strange
这个树林是精灵最喜欢的聚会地点,可是仙王和仙后此时发生了严重的争吵。
Oberon: I’ll meet by moonlight, proud Titania.
真不巧又在月光下遇见你,傲慢的泰妲妮亚。
Titania: What, jealous Oberon! You are as lovely as before. Why dou’t you become a little handsome?Your head is just a pig head. Your stomach is like a big melon. O,I can’t see you any more.
- 上一篇:仲夏夜之梦剧本英文
- 下一篇:银行金融的搞笑小品剧本《心款》